The palace chapel at Rosersberg Palace is located in the southeast wing of the building, and is particularly rich in history. The chapel wing was completed in spring 1695, according to a letter written by builder Bengt Oxenstierna.
In the Baroque palace of the early 18th century, the chapel is described as having pews arranged in two blocks of fifteen pews each. Above the entry door was a gallery with two pews with violet cushions. The chapel had an altar and a pulpit. The family arms of Baron Broman and Count Taube were displayed on the walls.
The small chapel in the chapel wing was used for services during the time of King Karl XII. However, the chapel was not completed until 1821. The new organ, built by Per Strand, was installed during the time of King Karl XIV Johan. The chapel was used by Queen Desideria for her catholic services.
Photo: Alexis Daflos/Royalpalaces.se